Tuesday, March 16, 2010

California Colleges



As my College Letters of Admissions arrive, I find myself more and more disappointed. Not only did my parents and I spend more money on college application fees, but sadly I am getting fewer admissions acceptances than I anticipated. I applied to 8 colleges four times the amount my parents did when they applied. Moreover, my parents only paid 2,500 dollars for a whole year of college while I will end up paying 25,000 year ten-fold. Last week, University of California students rallied against the 32% tuition hike($10,000 a year). However, that is not the worse part, I did some research and found compensation packages were the big reason for the tuition hike. I am happy to leave high school and to start a new chapter in my life. However, I am disgusted with the Statewide-California school budget cuts. Some of my favorite teachers may be handed the pink-slip, but the reason I made it to college was because of their uncountable efforts to help me success. I fear that the students of the 2011, 2012, and so on will not be able to get into the colleges of their dreams. With big classes and less classes offered, students will not be able to shine in their colleges applications. I believe Generation Y will start at a huge disadvantage because of the careless of past generations. Please, do not hurt our future, we are the next voting-Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment