Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Summer

For my community service project, I went to Honduras for the summer. I spent four weeks in Honduras with a Honduran family. My partner and I talked and taught at the local grade school almost everyday. We talked about the environment and Honduran politics. One of the many projects, the community, my partner, and I did was a garden for the local school. We decided to make a school garden because the school had hardly any money for lunch for the schoolchildren. The government, at least I don't believe, does not provide funds for the schools. The Honduran government pays for the teachers; however, when the government threatened to not pay the teachers, the teachers never came to school.

In the blogs to come, I will be addressing topics as Human Rights Abuse in Honduras, the current situation of Honduras, what the U.S. government should or should not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment